Monday, July 21, 2008

The Starfish Story

Starfish Story
[As the old man walked the beach at dawn, he noticed a boy ahead of him picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Finally catching up with the boy, he asked why he was doing this.

The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left until the morning sun. "But the beach goes on for miles and there are millions of starfish," said the old man. "how can your effort make any difference?" The boy looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it safely into the waves. "It makes a difference to this one," he said. ]

- A story from the MOE : Touching hearts, Engaging minds.


As a Cognitive Math trainer, sometimes I do wonder how much I can help my students, how many can I help?

Some of them refuses help whereas some accepts it little by little.


It really hurts when I have to give up helping those who choose not to help themselves and refuses help from others. I understand that there's a limit to what I can do, after all, it is their choice.


But, I know that I have made a difference in those who accepted me. =)


Happy learning together! =p




#
You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.

0 comments: