Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My very first yoga lesson

I was (or I should say still am) having very stiff bones. I can't do bending exercises as easily as someone of my age. So, I finally plucked up my courage to take up Yoga lessons.

My goals for learning Yoga:

1) Make my body more flexible

2) Strengthen my bones

3) Flatten my (growing) tummy


Today is my first lesson at Sengkang CC. Hence, my petite teacher shared alot on what she knows about Yoga, how will it benefit us, more talks than actions for the first lesson. But, it really widen my impression of Yoga.

The first thing we learnt is breathing.

Take a deep breath now.

Do you feel your breath from your chest?

Do you feel your breath from your stomach?

Or you don't feel anything? Lol, are you sure you are alive?


Many may have short breaths, which means breathing from our chest area. In actual fact, we should be breathing all the way from our abdomen. The longer you can breath, the longer you can live. I am not sure if that is scientifically proven, but, longer breath makes you relax and allows you to control yourself better at difficulty situation. The next time when you are feeling very angry or nervous, take in a few deep breaths.


Inhale and exhale slowly~


relaxation




















#Take one minute off what you are doing now, close your eye and relax your whole body.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is nice. Yoga is healthy. The picture is calming.

I tried Qigong and it is very good, also an energy work like yoga.

Clover said...

Yea, love this type of picture! =)

Qigong as in part of learning martial arts or just on its own?