Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Job

I am a NUS Business Year 2 (going to) student. Currently, I am supposed to be having my holidays. But, I choose to work at Norman Tien Mathematics. I have been with them for around 1 year. It has been a very good experience working with them as the job is something I love to do, which is, to interact with students and help them improve their cognitive and math skills. Math has been my favourite subject since young, which is an added bonus as I can then share the joy of solving Math questions with my students.

Other than teaching, I am constantly being exposed to many other areas as well. I have done preparation of materials such as notes and powerpoint slides, telemarketing of workshop, liaising with parents and more.. I am grateful for the experiences. It is something that I will not be able to learn in School.

Of course, out of all my job scope, the time spent with my students is still the best. I have meet many extreme cases of students, varying from the smart but choose not to use their smartness to those that are not that smart, but they make it up with their hardworking, the hyperactive and chatty vs the super quiet, the gamers vs the readers, the high scorers vs not that high scorers, and of course, the talented ones. There is the singer, dancer, beat boxer, athletics, pianist and many more.

All in all, I have learnt something from each of them. And, I really enjoyed each of their company and till now, I am still keeping in touch with some of my last year's P6 students. =) I believe what all students need is a friend who can help and care for them rather than a teacher who only knows how to teach them. Remember, I am a student too!




2006 PSLE Preparation Class by Norman Tien.
*I am the one in the pink jacket with a pair of bunny ears.Lol..



#Teaching is not just about imparting knowledge, it is more to making a difference in their life.

0 comments: